according to BabyCenter.com: "Blotchy pink or purple flat marks that are formed by dilated capillaries near the surface of the skin. This is the most common type of birthmark, with up to 70 percent of babies having one or more. These birthmarks can become more noticeable when your baby cries or when there's a change in temperature. The ones on the back of the neck, called stork bites, usually last into adulthood. The ones on the forehead or eyelids, called angel kisses, usually go away by age 2."
i almost don't even notice it anymore, only when he cries and is hot (the above is spot on ;) does the color intensify. you would notice it, of course, right when you see him. you'd ask, "what is that, a birthmark?" and then of course i'd reply, "angel kisses." i love my baby with his little (ok, big!) angel kiss, though i edit it out of almost every photo (i feel that it's not a true birthmark, it's ok that i remove it/lighten it some, in photos... it is a little distracting!).
so, in case you're curious. here's a before (LR3 edit) and after (CS5 edit).
tech info: 5dmkii, 50mm 1.2, f/2.2, 1/40, iso 100 w/bounced SL


and now that you know it's there, you'll always notice it in photos (if you haven't already).



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
No comments:
Post a Comment