yep! you read that right! in telling my mother this (hilarious) story she said, "Are you guys writing these things down?" Well, yeah! For the whole world to see (ok, for the handful of people that follow this blog to see ;))
So, at almost 3 years old my dear son is pretty interested in potty training... more like pretty interested in pee and poo! He always wants to see his little brothers poo when we change his diaper and he always props up on his elbows when we're changing his own diaper just so he can take a peek at the poo. odd my boy is!
A couple weeks ago he also happened to master the art of "sneaky!" He'll reply, "I'm not doing nothing!" when we ask what he's up to in the corner, or runs to us when Logan cries and says, "I didn't do it." Well, obviously! Lol!
So, rewind to a couple weeks ago. I'm feeding Logan a bottle in my bedroom and see Luke, crouched in a squatting position in the dark hallway (we don't get much light in the house, even in the bright of day!) and I say, "Hey, Luke, what are you doing over there?" "Doing nothing!" I send Trev to investigate and this is what i hear:
T: Luke, what're you doing?
L: Nothing
T: Is that poop on your hand?
L: uh ha!
T: What have i told you about putting your hand in your diaper? We're going to wash your hands and then you're going straight to time out!
T: (lecturing Luke at how disappointed he is in him, "I can't believe you did this...")
L: (as Trev's lecturing and helping him wash his hands, L looks up at Trev and says) "annnnnnnddddd, i put it on the wall!"
T: YOU PUT IT ON THE WALL?
L: uh ha! annnnnnnndddd the furniture!
T: AND THE FURNITURE, LUKE?! REALLY?! That's it! After we wash your hands, you're going to show me where you put the poop and then you're going to sit in time out and you're not going to play with ANY of your toys today, I'm taking away ALL of them!
L: (wailing) don't take away my toys!!!!
As i'm DYING, laughing, i'm thinking there's NO way THAT punishment is going to work, seeing as L has toys covering every inch of this house!!!!
So, L sat in time out while Trev cleaned the little amount of poo smeared on the wall and furniture in L's room. i mean hey, at least the kid is honest! and the toys, yeah, that didn't happen. we left the house (as we were already getting ready to leave) and later when we returned in the evening, all was forgiven and forgotten!
and now two weeks later, L is peeing in the potty like a BIG BOY!!! we're totally not pushing him, it's all him. no pressure, just lots of peanut butter m&m's as reward :)
and here are a couple recent photos of the boys. i can't believe how big they're both getting!!! i blink and BAM! BIGGER! sad, sad :(
my babe's already 8 months!!!!
the 15 yo boy in me wants to laugh at this one, sorry to ruin it for you ;)
and my new fave ♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
So cute!! I love that last one.
ReplyDeleteThanks! That's my favorite :)
Delete