Monday, December 28, 2009

Textbook Baby

You are my textbook baby Luke. This is day 2 where you've been putting yourself to sleep. You were always on an EASY (Eat - Activity - Sleep - Youtime) schedule, I read about this in the No Cry Sleep Solution by Elizabeth Pantly. I didn't encourage this schedule, this is what you did naturally. Prior to 2 days ago we would rock you to sleep once we saw signs of tiredness (slow movements, yawning, glossy eyes, etc.). We'd have to make sure to catch it almost right away, if we waited to long you'd be too fussy to go down without a fight.

Tomorrow you'll be 4 months old. The time that people talk about letting their babies CIO (cry it out). I'm not so much a fan so I've been dreading the 4-month mark. I decided to see what happens if I let you put yourself to sleep. You're pretty much on a schedule so nap times are routine now (thank you Lukey!). So, instead of rocking you to sleep like I usually do, I decided to put you in your crib, sleepy but awake, with your GloSeahorse. You talked and stared at the seahorse for the duration of the music and glo (5 minutes) and then promptly fell asleep after it shut off. This is the 4th nap that I tried it and it's been successful. Keep up the good work my baby boy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012