haven't i said this before... i will never.ever.ever try and do these sessions on my own again?! well then, what in the world was i thinking doing it again today, on my own?! no wonder i couldn't get the focus right, i was constantly yelling, "Lucas! Stop that! Knock it off!" as he was turning to swat the paper behind him. Then he found himself in the reflection of the plexi and thought it would be great fun swatting his face (see a trend here, he's into swatting these days). i could not get this boy to look at me for more than .5 secs to lock focus... so, because i went through all this... i'm posting pics. craptastic or not. here they are. oh and in case you're wondering, poor baby, yes! i made my sleepy baby take these pics (because i was oh so excited about my new purchase) before putting him down to nap... while he was, yes, in his jammies (rockin' those jammies, lol).
side note: we're leaving for cabo on thursday so thinking i won't have an opportunity to try this out again, or any other picture-taking for that matter, between now and then. so here you go :)
*savage true blue seamless paper, taken with my 50mm f/1.4

*taken with my tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 on a tripod with a 10 sec shutter (so only minimal light coming from a hallyway). i had to get him on his makeshift pillow, how cute is he?!











I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
Ok I always have a line along the back of the plexiglas. How do you prevent that?
ReplyDeleteAlso are you using a Speedlite? Which one?
Hi genevieve. I edit out the line in Photoshop Elements 8 (using the clone tool with a soft round brush at about 90 and 80-90% opacity). You'll see, though, that a majority of the shots are shot above the line or I get close enough to fill the frame because editing out that line is a pita!!! And yes, I used my 430ex ii speedlite, bounced at 45*. Hth.
ReplyDeletePerfect. Thank you!
ReplyDeleteyayyy you got the blue paper!!! I love learning from you :) And its cool that you're posting which lens and what settings you are using! You rock!!! I'm still lame and using the portrait setting all the time and my kit lens :(
ReplyDeleteno worries, denise, you are NOT lame!!
ReplyDeleteHi there I found your blog from Mrs. F'S.
ReplyDeleteI just bought seamless paper too and I tried it out the other day. My DD would not sit still so almost all of my shots were OOF and soft. WAHH I totally feel your pain.
http://sweetcakesxo.blogspot.com/