Sunday, August 8, 2010

Omg, Luke is hilarious!!

Not sure if I've ever mentioned this before but Luke's transitional item of choice is a burp cloth. He has two different types, both cotton but one textured and one super soft. He seems to like both the same, no preference between blend. If I offer both to him he grabs the one closest, lol.

He's loved his burp cloths since about 4 months but has really taken a noticeable love interest these past couple months. So, whenever he sees a burp cloth laying around (yes, we have them spread around the house like furniture) he grabs it and drags it around with him. If I put one on my shoulder to burp him (yep, he still spits up at 11 months!!), he snatches it from my shoulder, puts it in his mouth, all before he's even in the upright position (from nursing).

So... another {more recent} love interest of his is laundry. I'm sure you can see where I'm going with this, lol. Ok, laundry. He stands at the washer/dryer as we load clothes to wash. Typical laundry-Luke.. I put clothes in the dryer, he attempts to pull them out. I fold them in the basket, he knocks over the basket, cute right (in a somewhat irritating kind of way)?! But omg, today he took laundry to a whole 'nother level!

I folded all of his clothes, had them neatly piled in the laundry basket, ready to transport to his room to be put away and hung, when I saw him, out of the corner of my eye, dart for the basket. I threw his towel (in the basket) on top of the clothes, hoping he wouldn't mess up the neatly folded piles, and the kid pulls the towel off! he catches a glimpse of his burp cloth pile and makes a dive for the stash! I throw the towel on top of the cloths again and he yells/grunts, throws the towel off, and aggressively attempts to grab a cloth. Fine! I give him one. Is that good enough? No! He reaches his hands, both of them this time, grabs as many cloths as he can get his grubby little hands on and takes off like a bat out of he'll! Half way across the room he stops, looks back at me (frozen; my jaw to the ground) yells/grunts w/attitude something at me and takes off again, out of the room. Omg!! It was the funniest.thing.EVER! Guess he's showing me who's boss...

11-month pics and update to follow :)

3 comments:

  1. What an adorable son you have! And so big!!! My soon-to-be nine month old son is 20 lbs and 27 inches and everyone tells me he's a chunky monkey.

    http://inthebabyhood.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is just the cutest little guy. Don't you just love it when your babies little personality traits start to shine threw. My baby girl will be ONE September 21st-currently she has an obsession with our dishwasher. If its open she has to be there too, and dirty or clean anything she can get her hands on ends up all over the kitchen floor. I have to watch of course make sure she doesn't grab something that's unsafe..but its so cute to see her excitement for the dishes. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. inthebabyhood - awww, he sounds adorable. thanks for leaving your blogsite, can't wait to check out pics of your lil one.

    alicia - thanks! qnd yes, i absolutely love that he's able to communicate (by tantrums and giggles and squirms) what he wants/how he's feeling. he only really babbles at this point but we still feel like we know him so well already, it's simply amazing! and lol, luke does the SAME thing with the dishwasher! only we can't let him near it because he puts all his 25 lbs on it and we're afraid he'll break it! thanks for sharing about your baby girl <3!

    ReplyDelete

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012