So my itty-bitty baby boy (hahaha, can you say denial?!) turned 1 on Sunday! I had great things planned for him that day but thanks to mommy's nasty, crusty, infected foot that kills every time she walks on it, none of it happened :( We stayed in most of the day, ok, I stayed in all day, letting my foot rest, while hubbs took Luke out to run some errands (Luke loves getting out of the house so he may very well have accepted that as his fun birthday outings- hey, i try! ;)
The day started with Luke's morning wake up call at 7:45 a.m. (woowho, was it mommy and daddy's birthday too?!). Hubbs and I grabbed the video camera and entered his nursery singing "Happy Birthday to You!," lol, and boy was that hilarious. He had this look on his face like, "wth, who are these people and what did they do with my mommy and daddy?"
We grabbed him up out of bed and smothered him with kisses. I nursed him and then it was time to open a couple gifts from us.
**Please excuse the wrapping (thank you, Daddy!), the puffy eyes and scruffy pajamas (it was first thing in the morning remember), and the mess of a living room that we have going on right now (no excuses here, unfortunately). oh, and fair warning, but you probably know me by now, get ready for a kazillion of pretty much the same pictures, just trying to catch every single breath! ;)
man, he looks like he's in trouble or something!


hmmm, what's that?!


i think daddy is more excited than i am!

maybe it's a toy for daddy?!

nope! that's mine!

he makes it look so easy...

dumb truck!

here! how's this for a shove?! ::seriously, this boy was determined to make the balls pop!::

hey! another one?!

hmmm, interesting.

oh yay! just what i've always wanted! what is it?!

man this looks cool

is this how i do it?

hello! how do i get inside?

maybe it's a raft?!

or a skateboard of some type?

hmmm, whatever it is/was, that was cool!

part 2 coming within the next couple of days. i'm so behind on editing but didn't want to fall too behind... after part 2 of gifts is the next part of his day (including cake!).
thanks for visiting!



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
Happy birthday, Luke!!!! Can't wait to see the rest of your photos!
ReplyDeletethanks Christina! it's KILLING me that i'm so behind in processing! it makes me want to put the camera down but yet it's such a fun time right now, with birthdays, gifts, and a whole lot of "firsts" going on. urgh! wish i was a SAHM right about now :/
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! Congrats to both you and Luke!
ReplyDeleteAW, happy 1st birthday!!!! Piper turns 2 tomorrow, they are almost exactly a year apart. And Piper STILL loves that damn ball popper thing, so I'm sure Luke will adore it. =P
ReplyDelete