Thursday, September 9, 2010

Update - Luke's Birthday bash

I come with no excuses (though I feel I have plenty, lol). you're sick of hearing it and I'm a sucky blogger, I wish it could be my priority! For now a quick update...

Luke's 1st birthday party turned out GREAT! Over 80-90 guests showed up to help us celebrate and it was the most fun Trev and I have had in a long time! I haven't had a chance to even go through the pictures yet, not that there's a lot, but I've just been busy with other things but I can't wait to share them with you when I can finally sit down and process them!

I still can't believe my baby boy is 1! Just today he started full on walking, for no apparent reason, just stood up and walked from one toy to another, and another, and another, etc. We didn't eve have to bribe him or cheer-lead, he apparently just felt like walking. Gone are the days when I'd jump up and run for the camera - just way too exhausted these days, not only that, I really just want to enjoy the moments! I'm finding that the more time I'm spending away from my family (at work) the less time I want to see them behind a lens. The other day/night I didn't get off of work until 11pm! I cried when I realized I wouldn't be seeing my son before bedtime, it broke my heart (it breaks my heart recalling those feelings). That was the night I gave up nursing him to bed... and you know what... he was fine with it! he's so much stronger than his mommy already!

anyway. i have so much catching up to do but for now I just want to get to bed. i'll leave you with the two pictures (from his party) i was able to process.

IMG_2469fb

IMG_2419fb

*i felt like playing around with actions, i used coffeeshop's vintage action for these... idk, i think i'm still a clean, basic edit kind of gal. what do you think? if anything, it works better for the first one, not so much for the second.

i promise to be back in a few days with either another update and/or party pictures.

eta: forgot that i had these two done as well. the first is from his actual birthday (8/29/10)! Hubbs and I sang Happy Birthday while he drooled over the slice of cake, lol. More pics from this day to follow. the second is from his birthday party. he had a ball playing with all of his gifts while everyone was outside playing games. by this time he had already opened several gifts (days earlier - from even before his birthday) so he already somewhat knew what presents were. love my baby boy!

IMG_2123fbrs

IMG_2395fb

4 comments:

  1. They grow up so fast! Great pictures. What sort of editing software do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey, I do all of my basic editing in Lightroom 3. For the actions pics I edited in LR3 and then brought into PSE8 to run the actions. 99% of my pics never see PSE (LR3 only).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the first pic...what a great moment! The last one is pretty cute too! He looks like he had a great time!

    ReplyDelete

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012