Thursday, October 28, 2010

Lucas the Lion

We took Luke out to a local park for some photos in his Halloween costume. I want to be able to enjoy the moments (not behind the lens) on Halloween, as I've been trying harder to do these days. It's funny because it's such a conflict; I completely LOVE (and miss) photography but I also completely LOVE (and miss) my little boy. The whole purpose of me getting into photography was so I can freeze these early moments to look back on through the years. I'm finding, though, that the more "quality" time is spent when I get to enjoy them without looking through a lens.

Anyway, not to worry, I don't have any intention of putting the camera down, just trying to create a space (like the park session) dedicated specifically for photography so I can enjoy those everyday moments as they happen (without running for the camera!). So boo, I probably won't be catching those firsts on camera anymore, but I've found out that those "firsts" are really so much more precious when I'm fully present, not thinking, "Damn, I wish I had my camera!" Besides, those seconds and thirds are just as amazing ;)

Sorry this turned into a photography rant :/

Back to the park session. We wondered how Luke would react to his costume, if he'd tolerate it or even like it, if he'd hate it so much he'd scream to get out of it. I'll let you be the judge...

this expression is SO Luke right now! he shrugs his shoulders up to his ears and gives us the cheesiest grin ::love::
IMG_3750fb

IMG_3751fb

IMG_3753fb

i just love these next two... i love watching Luke explore... i love watching Luke watch the world!
IMG_3754paintfb

IMG_3760fb

this next one cracks me up! It's so clear who's in charge!
IMG_3768fb

IMG_3774fb2

IMG_3804fb

IMG_3814brush

and here's one from last year... he was a lion, then, too. Lol, i guess we just can't resist cute little cuddly lion costumes!

LukeLion2009

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous pictures. I especially like the one where he's sitting kind of in the butterfly sideways in front of the trees. You're doing great at capturing good memories for him to look back on later, "firsts" or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them, what a adorable little lion. My favorite is the one of his backside with the landscape, lovelovelove it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks babymama, i appreciate the compliment

    and thanks Tamara, that's one of my favorites, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. he is so stinking adorable! i love the one that shows who's in charge. my son is clearly the boss. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these are too cute! Very true about leaving the camera behind more. I find I spend more quality time with my LO without the camera.
    My Luke was a lion last year too :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks tripps, i'm sure most parents (good parents anyway ;) can relate to that one, lol. he's just so darn cute!

    thanks becki! i really think being a working mom has forced me to really value the time (which seems so limited) with my son. of course, not that sahm don't value their time... but ykwim right?! God i wish i could be a sahm again :(

    ReplyDelete

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012