Here's what Luke is doing at 14 months old.
- at 13.5 months: 25.6 lbs, 30.5"
- Sleeping habits are, for the most part, consistent. He goes to bed, still, at 8 pm and wakes about 7 - 7:30 am. He rarely wakes during the middle of the night, if he does it takes a few minutes for us to rick him back to bed (yeah, we're still doing that, don't judge!).
- He still eats like it's been days since his last meal. Seriously, we wonder when this will change, as we've heard it does at some point but at the rate Luke's going, I think he has enough reserve to get him through Winter!
- His behavior - eh! He needs to start talking because I'm over the whining, quite frankly. He points to what he wants and grunts, it bugs me. I don't know why, really, but it does. When we tell him no and/or take something away from him, he runs in the opposite direction, throwing a fit. It's funny so I laugh (to myself, of course, I'm not that mean!).
- He points and pushes his highchair towards me when he's hungry and I'm in the kitchen cooking. It's funny until he runs over my toes.
- He's really great about following directions: Luke, throw your diaper away, Luke, put that back, Luke, shut the door, Luke, go get daddy, Luke, drink your milk, Luke, bring mommy her shoes (lol).
- He still loves his burp cloths, at bedtime and anytime he gets sleepy. He still loves rolling around in laundry, clean or dirty, he doesn't care (gross I know. Hubbs says that he can't wait to share this with Luke's girlfriend in 20 years, lol).
- He's into bubble baths. Loves eating the bubbles and drinking the dirty water (eww!).
- He loves laying in bed with mommy and daddy on weekend mornings, watching cartoons. During the week he points to the bed and will cry if we don't let him lay on it for a few minutes to get his fix.
- Aside from the whining and throwing a fit when he doesn't get his way, we're really loving this stage. We love how he opens his cute little mouth when we ask for a kiss. Or when he roams around the house looking for the other one of us. Or how he pushes himself between me and the counter when I'm preparing his meals. How he runs to the bathroom when we say it's bath time. How he shrugs his shoulders up to his ears and grins in excitement when he sees one of us coming towards him.
Here are a few pictures I snapped tonight, playing with my new lens <3 href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsxoxo1598/5149875653/" title="IMG_4132 by mrsxoxo1598, on Flickr">
he saw, and wanted, this puppy sooo bad!
completely in awe of the dog.
<3 href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrsxoxo1598/5149876277/" title="IMG_4154 by mrsxoxo1598, on Flickr">
hubbs has to do this to crack a smile. jeesh, Luke is definitely stingy with smiles when the camera comes out.
and i just love the warmth of these last two, taken as the sun was setting.



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
He is getting so big & he is SO adorable!!
ReplyDeleteThanks Mitzi! I know, it's just crazy how time flies. He'll be starting kindergarten before I know it, wahhh!
ReplyDeleteawwww he is such a cutie pie
ReplyDelete