Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Logan's Monthday Update (and a Luke update, too!)

I can't believe a month has gone by already, actually, 5 weeks, today! I know it's cliche to say time flies when you're having fun... but clearly, that phrase came from somewhere! My baby boy is a month already.. making my first baby boy, Luke, 29 months (= 2 yrs, 5 mos)! Side note: at what age do you stop counting in months and start in years? 2? 3? when you can no longer use your fingers?

Here's my baby, Logan, at 1 month new :)



I really wanted to take more formal photos but of course, time escaped me, as usual! Doesn't my little baby have the most adorable face?! I often stare at him and wonder whose baby he is because I just don't see myself (and very little of Trevor) in him! He's SUPER adorable and I don't remember Luke being this adorable at this age (I know, BAD mommy for saying that out loud! haha, but if one things for sure, Luke is the most adorable 2.5 yr old I know! See for yourself, below :)

First, though, I want to update on Logan's stats.

* Two weeks ago he was up to 10 lbs, 15 oz (over 3 lbs up from birth!) and was 22" long (+ 1.5 from birth). He's looking like a chunky little monkey and I'm lovin' every inch of him!

* Moved out of newborn diapers at 2 weeks and newborn clothes at 3 weeks (he's already pushing the 0-3 mos clothing size and I'm sure we'll have him in 3-6 mos clothing in no time!).

* He's able to lift his head briefly and hold it steady. We've caught a few random smiles, nothing in response to us directly, though. He does focus on my face, though, i love looking into his big, beautiful grey-brown eyes!

* He's exclusively breastfed at 5 wks old, we introduced the bottle at 4 weeks though he's only had 3-4 and seems to take them quite well. We wanted to start him on the bottle a little earlier than Luke since I'll be returning to work much earlier than I did with Luke (10 months and probably 3-4 months with Logan) and want to make sure he doesn't have a problem taking the bottle (Luke refused the bottle and would only take a sippy). He's a very good, efficient nurser, only taking 10-20 mins (max) to scarf down a meal. I originally nursed him a little on both sides, alternating at the burp, but lately I'm finding that if I keep him on one breast, I can make sure he gets that yummy, thick hindmilk (though I don't really see benefits as I don't notice he's sleeping any longer than before, boo!).

* He sleeps most of the day still, only waking every 3 hrs to nurse. He still cluster feeds at night, usually, and is fussiest most at night (though I wouldn't call it fussy, really, more like a little on edge, lol).

* He projectile poops, still, and has sent me to the shower a couple times! He spits up with almost every feeding, causing him to have a new, fresh sleeper a few times daily, at least.

Let's see, what else?! Well, he's not really doing much of anything else, so aside from noting that he's been left with my MIL at 3 weeks so the hubbs and I can go on a little date (margarita on the rocks w/salt and then later engorged breasts = not really a lot of fun!), there's not much else to note... Other than I'm absolutely, utterly in LOVE with our newest baby boy!

At first, I thought I'd feel guilty for how much time I'd need to spend with Logan, breastfeeding and all, but honestly, seeing how much Luke loves his little brother and making an effort to do fun things daily with Luke (like read to him, play hide and seek, let him help with chores like cooking and laundry), I've realized that there's just so much love to go around... no one has to be left out! As a result of me spending the majority of time with Logan, Luke has become increasingly attached to his daddy, it's the sweetest thing!

Let's start the Luke-talk off with a few photos :)

Luke is almost 2 1/2 yrs old and talks a mile a minute! He didn't start using real sentences until after he turned two (I admit, I was worried for a split second but boy has he more than made up for it!). Right now he's really into anything Cars! For Christmas, Santa made up his new bedroom in Cars-themed everything :) We couldn't have known how easy of a transition it would be for him out of his nursery, Luke absolutely ADORES his new big boy bedroom and eagerly shows everyone that walks through our door, "my new bedroom!"





Luke's never been easy to put down at night, but in his Cars room, he no longer cries (probably because he sleeps with his bedroom door open and gets to watch us move about in our bedroom, I'm sure that must help!). He still asks us to sleep in our bed, even though he never really did, but I guess he feels it doesn't hurt to ask, lol.

This is such a fun time, with Luke. I feel like I have so much to update on since I've been so behind, but in order to move forward, I'm just going to start from here :)

* Luke is about 35 lbs and who knows how tall (note to self: measure him tomorrow)

* He's a very good eater, thank God we never had to worry about this, I just don't have the patience for eating issues! He either eats whats on his plate, or he doesn't, no second meals of his choice from me, uh uh!

* He sleeps about 10-11 hrs every night and takes one 2-3 hr nap in the afternoon.

* He's a home body, doesn't usually care to leave the house, and tells us when he's tired.

* He visits time-out every once in a while, good thing it's not that often but something tells me that this will need some updating in the very near future! He usually only frequents time-out for not listening to us, hitting, or occasionally biting (more so Daddy!).

* His favorite phrases right now are, "I don't know," "Mommy's/Daddy's being mean to me," "I can't want to... (can't instead of don't)" and "look Daddy/Mommy, look," ok, more like, "Yook Mommy/Daddy, Yook!"

* He's a very patient little boy. Case in point, him trying to break into his piggy bank...



We gave him his Cars bank as an incentive to go pee pee in the potty. So far, no luck. He'll sit on the potty (we have both the small potty that sits on the floor, and the potty seat), but he won't actually go in the potty/seat. A few months back we attempted the 3-day potty training method but he got sick with diarrhea on day 1 so that didn't happen :( I really want to use the same method this time around but quite honestly, we don't have the energy for it!

* Luke's very, very polite, always saying please and thank you! He says, "I'm sorry," too, even when it's not necessary, like I tell him to sit down and eat his food, he says, "sorry mommy," and it breaks my heart! oh, he sits at his own Cars table and feeds himself!

Here are just some random, current photos of him, being his cute little self :)



oh, and he LOVES these things, Squinkies (or, "Squishies" as he calls them ;)


and here's one that just melts my heart!



Trev's such a great Daddy, he spends so much time, everyday, just playing and having fun with Luke. It's no wonder that Luke adores him!

Regarding this blog, my goal is to update more frequently, but with shorter posts (making the more frequently possible!). I really love that I can come back here to reminisce about the early Luke days and I really want to do that for Logan. I wish I would've consistently kept up the blog but I don't want the past to repeat itself so I'm going to give it my all, going forward.

Oh, and I'll say it once now, please don't mind the spelling and/or grammatical errors, I won't be paying attention to much of that, here, as I'll be using this blog as more of a journaling-type. Thanks for your understanding and again, thanks for following <3

10 comments:

  1. Wow!! I haven't been here in ages (been off the map with my own little Luke) and I didn't know you had a baby. He is SO CUTE! And your photography has completely taken off, it looks amazing. What are you shooting with now? I have basically stopped taking pictures and I need some inspiration/excitement to get back to fully learning my DSLR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Genevive! I slacked off on my blog for awhile, but am back now :) Trying to keep it up for, now, baby #2, Logan! Of course I won't be leaving Luke out, but you know quickly the newborn/infant/baby stages go by, so this is a nice place for me to document it since I'm sooo bad with the baby books!

    I shoot with the Canon 5dmkii and most of all of the photos on this blog will be with either my 50mm f/1.2 or 70-200mm f/2.8. I was on bed rest for awhile before I had Logan, so didn't pick up my camera for awhile, and then barely started shooting more as I've felt better with my recovery... I missed it!

    What do you shoot with, again? If you need any tips or resources, let me know, I'm completely self-taught, too :) Well, I hope you get back to blogging regularly, I'd love to get back into following you and your little Luke!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Canon Xsi, a speedlite and a few lenses. I was getting really into it for a while -- right around when you first were -- then I kind of dropped it. Your pictures are beautiful and making me sad I didn't stay with it :( I love that you are self taught, it gives me hope!!

    PS My Pinterest is http://pinterest.com/genlander/ -- glad to hear you are addicted, you'll see that I am too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any good tips or easy websites to point me to for using the speedlite? I admit I don't really know how to use it, I just plug it in and shoot :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. the canon xsi is a great camera! which lenses do you have? a lot of it is knowing how to use your gear but at least one good lenses is the key to great photos :) thanks for the link to your pinterest site, i'm going to follow you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I have the kit lens, the 50mm f/1.8, and the 55-250 f/4-5.6. I was kind of wanting a wide angle lens a while back but I think I remember them being expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the 50mm is a good portrait lens and the 55-250 is a good telephoto lens :) i was going to recommend the 50 if you didn't have it :) and yeah, wide angle lens are pretty $$$, i had the tokina 11-16mm when i had a crop sensor and LOVED it! i was bummed when i went full frame and the tokina wouldn't work on it (though i think tokina has since come out with a wide angle for full frame but it's crazy $$$).

      here's a link to a really good online study guide:

      http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/mb.asp?cmd=display&thread_id=3053442

      let me know if you have specific questions, i'm always happy to help. you can email me at xoxo1598@yahoo.com

      Delete
  7. The Tamron 17-50 was the one I wanted... and it's down to $450 now... hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your boys look so mellow and happy and your husband looks so devoted to them. You have a sweet family. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012