Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'm so proud of myself!

No, like really!! Like more proud than graduating with my master's! I took a 4-hr intro to sewing class and voila! I know how to sew!

Well, not really. I was able to spit an awesome superhero cape out for Luke, though! And I plan on sewing 15+ more for all the kiddies invited to his superhero birthday party coming up in September.

And let me tell you, this was NOT easy! The perfectionist that I am, I had to let a lot of that go or else this project would've never been finished!

Spiderman is his favorite!


and it's reversible!!!

Side note on birthday parties; I used to think we'd only celebrate the milestone birthday's (1, 5, 10, etc.)... until I had kids! Every year just brings that much more excitement because Luke will actually enjoy his party! He still remembers that his last birthday party was a Kachow (Lightning McQueen) party (it's too bad you haven't seen the photos or you might remember, too!).

It's amazing to watch the progression from thinking of the kind of mom I'd be once I had kids... to the kind of mom I am, so far! I find myself eating my words quite often and boy, do those words taste good ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012