it's amazing how different we are with anticipating Loges growth from how we anticipated Luke's! I hold my breath, hoping I don't find any, every time i check for teeth. we weren't even trying to sit him up until someone asked (and quite frankly, he's been sitting up in his bath tub on his own, only minimally supported by the little triangle in the tub).
maybe it's different this time around, at least for me anyway, because i'm gone so much, unlike with Luke, I got to stay home with him for the first 10 months of his life! i want to keep Loges small, my baby, and now his limbs hang out of y arms when I cradle him, and he engages with us, and babbles, and laughs effortlessly with the simplest smile.
at 7 months, Logan loves to:
- sleep through the night (8:30 pm - 6ish am)
- fall asleep on mommy and daddy's bed
- sleep with a burp cloth and pacifier
- cuddle
- roll over from back to front and front to back (no more laying on the bed for you, Loges!)
- watch (and giggle/squeal with delight) while his big brother plays
- giggle at just the sight of his big brother (it's pretty hilarious, Luke won't even be paying any attention to him and Logies just squeals and giggles, i'm sure trying to get Luke's attention.)
- take a bath
- babble "dada"
- play with mommy's phone and the remote
- drool, but no teeth!
- blowing raspberries
and he's not so much a fan of:
- taking long or regular naps (kinda makes his own schedule, which is about two short, one long nap daily)
- eating solids/trying new solids (except for bananas mixed with avocado, his favorite!)
- us leaving the room when he's hungry or tired
Logies is such a calm, well-natured baby. he rarely cries and is easily entertained. he's such a low-maintenance baby that on occasion we might even forget he's there! he's just a JOY to cuddle and play with. he's really such a good balance to his feisty, active big brother! we can't wait for him to get just a little bit older so he can play with his big brother (and boy, he'd better watch out and learn to play hard to survive!!).
i never knew if it was possible to love another like i do Luke, and yes, it seems my heart has doubled in size! i couldn't imagine a life without our Logies <3 and here are a few photos i took last night (iso was at 25,600!!). it's amazing how his facial expressions completely change his looks! when he smiles he's so much his uncle, Eric and when he's not smiling, he's all Dad!







I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
So adorable! I love that last shot :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Carolyn! He looks like such an old man, lol!!
ReplyDeleteso sweet!! Happy 7 Months.
ReplyDeleteSo cute!! He's getting so big!
ReplyDelete