the bug has now hit Logies :( he was so easy to put down from birth to now. i mean, a dream. i still remember just weeks ago praising the ease of putting him down, turning to Trev almost nightly saying, "Wow, I still can't get over how easy that was! Just put him down [awake] and not a peep!!"
Well, the tide has turned. He got sick about a month ago and between that and teething, it's been a disaster! We're all so sleep deprived I've forgotten what a good night's rest looks like! I'm quite frankly over it but what can I do?! We're in the middle of trying a cry-it-out approach but it looks as though we have another stubborn child on our hands that will cry for an excess of 30 mins without pause. It's sad. Heartbreaking. Frustrating. Exhausting.
I question if we're doing the right thing, on the other hand, rocking him to sleep for 20 mins, putting him down just to have him start crying again and doing this combo over and over for an hour was not working either. We were both exhausted. Mentally, physically, emotionally, you name it!
Tomorrow I will try putting him down earlier. Because apparently, 7:30 isn't early enough. I will never get to spend time with my baby but hopefully, the two hours I get with him after work won't be in frustration and exhaustion!
Trev just went in for round 599 and in desperation left Luke's dreamlites in there (lol - see, we're trying everything!). I mean, did I ever hear how hard this was before I decided to have children?! How I'd wonder what life was like before children... WAS there a life before this?! Because I swear I'm living groundhogs day over and over and over and over.....
And now we have to go through this all over again with a third. I would just like to sleep for the next five years of my life PLEASE!
I really hope that one day, FIVE years from now maybe, I can look back on this post and think, "Wow, who was that crazy, desperate, sleep-deprived woman?!" Right now I'm just keeping it real and this is anything BUT fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
No comments:
Post a Comment