which i find is happening more often these days... my 3yo is teaching me far more important lessons than I am him!
it's not fair to him that i'm always exhausted. that i'm 22 weeks pregnant and have a hard time sleeping to help with that. that i'm impatient and short. that i can't stand constant noise. i'm just not the worlds greatest mommy these days and tonight was just another reminder.
as i volunteer to put Luke down to bed tonight (usually i put Logan down and Trev puts Luke down) because "it's easy, they're both easy so sure, i'll take Luke duty tonight," and i'm brushing Luke's teeth... i lose my patience (shocker!). i have ocd with things (seems like a lot of things these days) and my "routine" with brushing Luke's teeth is brush the top, Luke gulps, swishes, spits and then i move on to the bottom teeth, Luke does his gulp/swish/spit part and then i move on to the "eeeeee" teeth clenched so i can brush the outsides...
we, not long ago, switched L to the "big boy" toothpaste that he can no longer swallow (sure, we should've done that long ago but in our more-than-one-child-put-off-anything-that-requires-more-work fashion, we lagged...). i guess i take for granted that my 3 yo is super independent, self-driven and self-sufficient because why he can't be a "stellar" swisher-spitter is beyond me (haha!)!
so tonight, we're standing at the sink. it's gets to his part of gulping/swishing/spitting and he misses the sink and spits on the vanity. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH HIM?! yeah, i overreact! i get frustrated with him and say something to the effect of "Luke, i don't understand, how hard is it for you to spit in the sink?" and with the sweetest, most patient and understanding face he says to me, "Mama, I'm still yearning, that's all."
omg! DIE! DEATH! SLOW AND PAINFUL! my baby is so much wiser than his mommy! and i don't even need to apologize to gain his forgiveness (knife sinks in further) because he says, "will you sing me my favorite song before bed?"
um, yeah, you could ask for just about anything, kid, i'm putty in your hands! lol! and like that, my little 3 yo is yards bigger than his mama <3 p="p">
3>
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
I always read your log but dont always comment and OMG you are pregnant again!Congrats !!!!! Do youknow what your having this time?
ReplyDeleteand so sweet what your little boy said too! my almost three yr old does stuff like that to me every time i get frustrated :)
Omg is right!!! Lol. I'm having another boy! Haha, three boys! And thanks for following :)
ReplyDeletewoweeeeeeeeee! Congrats ! boys are awesome! I have one of each and Im hoping baby#3 will come along soon :)
ReplyDelete