two doses into the antibiotic and Luke has this nasty, bright red rash on his bum with what looks like budding blisters (not severe, yet). i wipe him up - poor baby squeezed his cheeks because it hurt, and put desitin (the original paste/purple tube) on and covered him up. called my mom, sis, and sil. stuck luke in the bath (not 20 minutes after changing his diaper) and whatdayaknow?! the dang rash is GONE! DISAPPEARED! seriously no trace of it. i don't get it. i start double guessing what i had just seen and call my mom, she says she's never heard of such a thing. anyway, long story short the pharmacist says the zinc oxide can definitely be a miracle worker if caught early (desitin = savior). but seriously guys, i'm not exaggerating. luke has never had a rash so have nothing to compare it to but it was very red/splotchy with raised bumps (somewhat bubbling) underneath areas. when i tried to sit him on his bum after changing him he cried and rolled over. i know it had to hurt. odd right?! miracle!
the pharmacist said to continue the antibiotic (since the rash had vanished), pay special attention for possible reactions and contact his pedi in the a.m.
all of this happened to a very sleepy boy with only 1-hr of rest throughout the entire day. my niece graduated from 6th grade so luke missed his nap. and can you believe that my otherwise-crabby-sleep-deprived-baby-boy actually was a champ throughout the almost 2-hr ceremony and let mommy run around snapping pictures?! hubbs and i are always so amazed at how happy this boy is, running on empty WITH an ear infection! after the ceremony i nursed him and put him to bed but that was a complete fail. between the infection and teething forget about it.
here are a couple of pics taken at the ceremony. he stayed chillin' in his stroller, peep-free, for the entire ceremony. love this boy! doesn't he look so tired (or can only i see that with my mommy glasses on?!).





I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
ear infections suck! but once the antibiotic is in them it gets better quick. I love his gummy smile. :)
ReplyDeletePoor little guy; I hope that he is feeling better very soon & that is crazy about his little bum!!
ReplyDeletePoor babe! My DD had an earache once and I didn't even know until she went in for a well visit! She showed no symptoms!
ReplyDeleteI loooove baby boys! He is precious. Sorry about the earache, though.
ReplyDeleteYou've been nominated for the "Honest Scrap" award!
ReplyDeletehttp://sanchezfamilyupdates.blogspot.com
Sorry to hear about your little munchkin having an ear infection. My daughter used to get 4 each year. Thank goodness she grew out of them. I am a new follower! Come visit Mama's Little Chick.
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com
thanks everyone. luke's doing a lot better, almost done with his antibiotics though still tugging at his ear and not sleep well at night (though this is probably more about teething, ugh!).
ReplyDelete