Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Everyday Things - Luke's 1 Year Photos

I witnessed an accident, right in front of me, on the way home from work yesterday. It shook me, everyone was safe (thank God) but it was literally right.in.front.of.me! The two cars head-on collided and spun within yards of my car. Debris flew all over, hitting my windshield. It got me thinking, the things I take for granted. In a few brief moments that I was paralyzed from shock, not even the sound of car horns from behind me could snap me out of it, my life seriously flashed before my eyes. I always thought if I were on my death bed I'd want to remember all the important things in life, like the day I met my best friend/my soul mate/my husband, our first kiss, the night he asked me to be his girlfriend, the first time he told me he loved me, the way my body tingled every time he smiled at me or gave me a look (any look!), our wedding day, the birth of our first child, our second, first steps, first words... you get the idea. To my surprise, however, you know what moments raced through my mind in those brief seconds?! How badly I would miss how my hubbs lays on the bed at night with a bag of red vines opened on top his chest, eating one by one as if on a conveyor belt, the look he gives me when I clumsily break a glass or forget where I put my credit card, the sigh when I tell him "I forgot," the look Luke gives me right at the moment when he's caught, his sheepish grin when he's getting into things he's not supposed to, his splashes in the bathtub, his fighting and pulling away when we attempt to Nosefrida him.

I snapped out of it and stepped on the gas, to paralyzed, still, to even make sense of what just happened. I didn't even SEE what happened because I was too busy, distracted by my conversation on the phone, probably looking but not seeing, you know?! It was on my way home that I realized that every.single.moment (even the ones I think will never make it in the book!) I share with my loved ones is a gift. All the times I've told hubbs how unattractive it is that he eats licorice "like that" on the bed, those are the things I would miss most. The everyday things.

I only hope that this realization will help me to be a better wife and mother, a person who really embrace every.single.moment God gives us because we never know when it will be our last, and what memories we will leave behind... though I do hope it's more than just a broken glass or misplaced credit card!

And on a completely different note. Here are some photos taken by the very talented Sarah K Chen for Luke's last official year session! I think he was 14-15 months here, a little past a year but wow, even from just two months ago he's already looking so different!

Lucas-102

Lucas-107

Lucas-119

Lucas-123

I kid you not, every single morning I watch Luke walk to the elevator and am just so amazed that the little 6 lb 15 oz boy I gave birth to "not too long ago" is walking on his own already! Complete and utter denial!
Lucas-132

Lucas-133

Lucas-138

Lucas-153

Lucas-154

Lucas-175

Lucas-181

Lucas-184

this one is enlarged and framed on our wall Lucas-192

Sorry for the over share, you know how I roll ;)

6 comments:

  1. It really is crazy how sometimes it takes seeing something like that to remember what we have in our lives is AMAZING but I think that might be part of the "bigger picture & grand scheme of things"!!

    The photos are amazingly fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so awesome! Gorgeous family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is too cute ! Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks mitzi, mrs.f, and erica!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What GORGEOUS photos of your family, you are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012