1. What does your husband do?
My hubbs works in transportation, he's like a dispatch manager, in the office. I say "like' because he used to be the manager until they recently promoted someone else, so, technically not really sure what his title is. Lame, i know, sorry!
2. How long have you and your husband known each other?
We met in July 2004. So, 6.5 years! We met in Vegas. He was a good friend of my cousin's whom I had never (up til that point) met. We seriously locked eyes and were in love. Cheesey, but true ;)
3. Small-ish place, how many bedrooms do you have? Will my (future) kids share a room or have their own? Will they stay in your bedroom for a while?
Yes, very small place. I don't know how they managed to squeeze 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms in this place! Our master bedroom is a nice size, not large by any means but nice. We have a queen-sized bed, two full (one tall, one short) dressers and two night stands (and a bunch of junk!) so it's a nice sized room. Luke's bedroom is also a nice size, smaller than the master but a good size for all his furniture and there's still room for toys and to toddle around. Our third bedroom we use as an office/gym/storage. It's walking room only, seriously, a safety hazard if and when there's an earthquake!
This room will be Luke's room when we start planning for our next baby. So yeah, they'll have separate rooms for awhile but after a year or so (or when the 3rd baby arrives) Luke and baby #2 will share a room. This is entirely for convenience. Luke's on a pretty tight sleep schedule so we want to keep consistent with that as much as possible when the new baby arrives. Baby 2 will sleep in a bassinet in our bedroom for the first couple weeks, then it's off to his/her crib/room.
4. What kind of camera do you have?
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark II and usually have my Canon 50mm f/1.2L lens on (especially for all indoor photos of Luke). I have a few other lens that I'm trying to shoot more with, it's silly to let them sit and collect dust ;) If you want me to start listing which lens I use in my shots, let me know, I have no problems doing that.
5. What are your favorite camera settings for taking pictures of Lucas?
While my settings will vary depending on the amount of available light I have (i shoot in full manual), I typically shoot at a f/1.6-1/8 with my 50mm on indoors. Actually, even outdoors I shoot pretty wide. If I have my 50mm on outdoors I usually shoot at a f/1.8, with my 135L I'll usually shoot f/2-2.2. Of course there are variables but these are my typical f-stops for shooting Luke.
6. Did you have to do any special treatments to get pregnant and to carry Lucas to the end of pregnancy?
No special treatments. I've never had a problem getting pregnant (well, not yet anyway!). I think, with Luke, I got pregnant the first or second month of trying! I did have a high risk pregnancy from day 1, though. A lot of spotting in the first and second trimester and then pre-term labor/contractions at the beginning of the third trimester. I was put on bed rest around 32 weeks and then right when I was supposed to be released from bed rest, at 37 weeks, i had Luke two days before the 37 week mark! I wish i had a video camera on hubbs when I told him my water broke! lol, his reply, "No babe, you just peed!" and when I insisted that it wasn't pee, he said, "but the nursery's not done!" lol! we had planned to put Luke in the nursery from day 1, well, sometimes things don't always work out as planned and he ended up hanging out with us in the pack-n-play (thank God we ordered the one with the bassinet feature! and thank God it arrived just the day before!) for a few weeks!
7. Have you always lived on the west coast?
I was born and raised here in so cal but spent a year in NYC when I was 21. My employer had an office out there and asked if i wanted a change of scenery, heck yes! it was fun while it lasted but couldn't wait to come home! as much as i always say i'd like to move out of so. cal, i just don't ever see that really happening.
Thanks for the taking the time to ask questions :) Maybe I'll start sharing a little more about personal stuff if you guys are interested. Idk, i'm not all that interesting though, lol.
And I know I don't post here all too often but if you want to follow more closely, you can like Amber Wood Photography and follow my pro blog for more current updates.
If you have any additional questions at all, don't hesitate to ask ;)
Hope you all have a great week ahead! I have two weeks off from duty (yippppeeeee!) so I can work on closing referrals and not have to stress about being on duty!! It's going to be a GREAT two weeks ;)
Take care!
and one from the valentine's session (coming soon to my pro blog) today with Luke and his friend Maddy.



I'm a wife to the most kind and loving husband ever, a mother to two of the most beautiful baby boys you'll ever meet (Lucas, DOB 8/29/09 and Logan, DOB 12/20/11), a children's social worker by day and a photographer by night (more like, weekend). I love to bake and only cook because we need to eat. If I relied on my dear hubby to cook for us, we'd be eating bean and cheese burritos or quesadillas for dinner every night! There are so many things that I love, but most importantly, I love being a wife and mother and this is the place where I can document our life, mostly in photographs, today.
No comments:
Post a Comment