Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Bed head and the Sick Boy

Luke has been running a fever for a full two days now (and two, about to be three! very loooong nights!). Poor baby, he's all stuffed up, coughing and just moping around the house. It's not uncommon for "I tired," or, "I not feel well," come out of his mouth these past couple days. He wakes in the night, drenched in sweat and cries that he, along with his bed, are hot. We pull away the covers and remove his pants, leaving him with a clean shirt. Then 20 minutes later he's crying again, this time his little body is shaking with chills. I hop into bed with him (because i know first hand that nothing can get you warm quickly like a warm body wrapped around you!) and snuggle him tightly. I call out to Trev because I want him to bring me my house robe (that's so cozy, warm and soft - the I, too, use when I have the worst of chills!), and I'm calling and calling and... nothing... the guy sleeps like a rock! Luke says, "get down and go get him, Mommy," in his pathetic little sicky voice.

Long story short, it went on like this all night. I'm so glad that I get to spend the last of my maternity leave taking care of my baby. Trev gets up with him, too, don't get me wrong, but unlike me, he can easily jump back into bed and knock out, I swear he had just slipped under the covers not 3 minutes before I was hollering for him!

All this while Logan lay snug as a bug in his bedroom, that boy, like his daddy, can sleep through it all!

I'd say that the hardest part of Luke being sick is most definitely that we don't allow him to give hugs or kisses to his brother. Yesterday, Luke and I had a conversation that went something like this:

"Mommy, ::coughcough:: I want to kiss ::cough:: Yogan."
"Sorry, baby, you're sick and you don't want to give Logan your sicky germs, right?"
"No, Mommy, ::coughcough:: I not sick ::cough::. I all better now ::coughcough::."
"Sorry Lukey-bear, you can kiss his leg, though."
Luke runs away, crying, "I don't want to kiss his yeg ::cough::, I want to kiss him."

Broke my heart :(

And my sweet little boy actually let me take a photo of him tonight, well ok, I'm lying a bit. I asked him if I could take a photo, pulled out my camera and as soon as he saw me attempting to shoot... this is what I got...


with a "I can't want to take a pict-sha." Haha, even the back of his bed-head hair is cute ;)

The smart mommy that I am (pats self on back), I tricked him by putting up a photo of Logan on the computer behind me and then asking, "who's this behind mommy?" and here is the resulting shot...

see? he loves him some little brother! and dang, it's getting hard to always have to come up with a plan b to get him to look towards the camera (forget about eye contact!), he's caught on to me that there really isn't a bug/butterfly/spider/snake on my lens!

and my little Logie, you ask, what has he been up to? being the cutest little two-month-old (reminds me I need to post a 2-month update, shoot!)EVER!

he's smiling and giggling ALL THE TIME now!

and ahhhh, the nerves! i'm leaving my babies and returning to work tomorrow... i'm excited, nervous and sad, all in one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

A Day in the Life | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012